My blog has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Pearl of Tyburn at www.silverscreenspiritual.blogspot.com! I am very grateful! Thank you very much!
The rules for this award are: 1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. 2. Answer their 11 questions. 3. Post 11 random things about yourself. 4. Nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers for this award. 5. Ask them 11 questions.
So here are Pearl of Tyburn’s 11 questions.
1. What do you consider the greatest movie of all time and why?
I believe that the greatest movie of all time is the Jesus film by Campus Crusade for Christ. A well-made adaptation of the Gospel of Luke, it has travelled the world with its important message.
2. What do you consider the worst movie of all time and why?
I’m afraid I am not able to answer this question. I have enjoyed most movies I have watched (except for Sybil Ludington and Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel). However, picking the worst of film history is beyond me.
3. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Difficult to answer. One actress’s performance that I was impressed by was Madame Defarge in A Tale of Two Cities (1936).
4. Who is your least favorite actor/actress?
I don’t know, but I have seen some rather poor performances.
5. What scene from a movie do you find the most inspirational?
The most inspirational scene for me is from The Longest Day, when the British paratrooper commander remembers his orders to “hold until relieved”, with only a handful of men. Honorable mention to Brotus (from Pendragon) ordering his line to be extended and meeting the criticism of “it’s certain death” with the retort “Then we die here!”
6. What movies have made you laugh the most?
Bugs Bunny, hands down, even though it is not a movie.
7. What movies have made you cry the most?
I’m not usually one to cry though movies, but probably Mrs. Miniver.
8. What movie do you find the most hoaky?
Definitely Sybil Ludington, but honorable (dishonorable?) mention to the end song of The Longest Day.
9. If you could only watch one more movie forever, what would it be?
The Longest Day.
10. What are some movies you’ve wanted to watch but never gotten the chance?
Beyond the Mask (I’m an extra in it!)
11. What are your top 5 movies you would like me to watch and review?
Beyond the Mask
Alone Yet not Alone
The Lego Movie
11 Random Things about myself
1. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, and am glad to be part of a church that loves Him too.
2. I run my own business at www.ThroughAllAges.com
3. I love root beer, especially in a root beer float.
4. Building with Lego bricks is a hobby of mine.
5. I am the oldest of four siblings.
6. I was a construction worker and extra for the Christian movie Beyond the Mask.
7. I think that John Williams is the greatest modern composer.
8. Most of the books I own are about history
9. I paint my own 54mm plastic American Revolution soldiers and am expanding into Seven Years War in India
10. I love old paintings.
11. I am a contributor for the Young Patriot Magazine.
And now for my blog nominations:
And here are my 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. In the Seven Years’ War, would you side with the French or the British?
3. Do you play chess?
4. John Williams or Hans Zimmer?
5. What is your favorite historical era?
6. Do you like root beer?
7. How far back can you trace your family’s history?
8. What is the most interesting job that you have worked at?
9. What is the most important thing you have learned while blogging?
10. What is your least favorite movie?
11. Would you be interested in hosting a giveaway of Through All Ages’s products? (Check them out at ThroughAllAges.com and please contact me if so!)